Ecuador may be the smallest Andean country, but it’s certainly packed with the most amazing contrasts of scenery! From snowy volcanoes to tropical forests to secluded beaches of the Pacific coast, Ecuador has it all! Its friendly and welcoming population, strong indigenous culture, astonishing biodiversity and stunning colonial architecture can all be experienced within easy reach of Quito, its jewel of a capital.
Ecuador’s mainland divides into three distinct regions all worthy of getting to know.
The sierra, punctuated by more than thirty volcanoes, is home to the country’s oldest cities, including Quito!
- Enjoy the colonial architecture of the most important cities of Ecuador
- Hike the iconic snowy Cotopaxi volcano
- Horse back ride around a volcano crater rim overlooking turquoise waters
- Dip in pools and jacuzzis of hot volcanic water
- Go on a Train Ride across the Avenue of the Volcanoes and the mythical Devil’s Nose
- Mountain bike your way down the highest peak in Ecuador
- Sleep in cozy haciendas overlooking stunning landscapes
There are more bird species per square mile in Ecuador than any other South American country and more orchids than anywhere else on the planet! Explore the dense tropical rainforest, home to truly astounding biodiversity!
- Go birdwatching in paradise
- Enjoy a canoe ride on lagoons and spot caimans, anacondas and pink river dolphins
- Do a night excursion and meet nocturnal creatures such as bats, spiders, frogs and snakes
Banana, coffee and cacao plantations of the Pacific Coast are bordered by long stretches of beaches, mangroves, shrimp farms and ports.
- Go whale watching during mating season to see whales jump out of the water just meters from the boat
- Learn to surf in year-round warm water
- Scuba dive with giant Manta rays
- Take advantage of the great wind conditions and try paragliding or kite surfing
Frequently Asked Questions